Document Management & Workflow System
Is data storage and workflow management system that deals with the storage of documents (either scanned or already created) and folders and follows a tree type structure allowing the users to create an unlimited amount of folders, sub-folders and documents.
Users can Scan, Import and Create documents with great ease and store them in the system. An integrated powerful search tool provides the users the ability to easily find any folder or document they wish in very little time and to print whatever documents they might need. Documents can be sent to other users by a click of a button attached with notes/instructions that ensures a smooth workflow structure. Users can even Export documents from the system or send any document by e-mail or faxes to people that are not connected to the system.
The system has the ability to perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR) meaning that a fully automated document storage system for scanned documents is possible. Searching for text or a phrase within a document is possible using the process known as Full Text Retrieval (FTR).
The GKIS DMWS provides the ability to distribute jobs among users in a Workflow type environment whereby a General Manager can send documents and attach comments/instructions to specific employees to perform tasks. The system also provides a monitoring mechanism so that pending issues or completed task can be seen. Each document has a history report (that is printable) associated with it so that anyone can see all the different actions done by the various users on that document. A report for pending/completed tasks can also be printed.
The GKIS DMS runs on Windows XP/VISTA/7/8/10.
The system is completely designed, programmed and tested by the programming team at G. Kallenos Infosystems Ltd meaning that the system can be customized to facilitate all specific and individual company needs quickly and easily.
Summary of the Basic Features of the system:
- Unlimited storage capacity (only limited to the server’s disk size).
- Complete Users Rights control on every aspect of the system.
- Stores any kind/type of file.
- Add as many keywords as required to the document for easy searching and grouping.
- Workflow system with full history of jobs.
- Personal and shared calendar.
- Drag & Drop your files or emails directly to store in the system.
- Powerful search engine.
- View & search your archive from any where in the world.
- Import, Export or email any document through the system.
- Optional Automated scanning with documents separator.
- Optional OCR module for auto recognition and Full Text Retrieval.
- A large variety of reports.
- A full LOG of users activities.
- Very simple and user friendly interface.
- Ability to save the Hard Copy Location information to easily locate the original document at warehouse (i.e: Store, Section, Shelf…)
- Create word, excel, power point……etc. files from with in the system.
- Every business is unique, We can easily customize the system to adapt to your needs.
Workflow can be described simply as the movement of documents and tasks through a business process. Workflow is the notification of the progression of work activities or a complex set of tasks each taking place at the same time that will eventually affect each other according to a set of rules, routes, and roles.
The diagram below can be used to show the detailed routing and processing requirements of a typical workflow. This example can be called the Decision-chain process model. This technique uses milestones at specific points whereby manager decisions have to take place. Managers and staff members have ready access at any stage of the workflow process and whenever they need it.
As well as being a complete Document Management System. Our software also has Routing and workflow capabilities. Instructions and Documents can be sent internally from any user of the system to other users and pending tasks can be monitored at any time. With the introduction of a workflow system, users will save time, eliminate human mistakes and assure maximum document safety since all the hard work will be taken care of by the Software.
Advantages of automating the Workflow system
- An unlimited amount of users can access the same folder and even page at the same time thus eliminating the need to wait for another employee to finish with a folder.
- All folders and scanned / imported documents are stored on the servers hard drives with data backup occurring daily meaning that all data is stored securely thus providing maximum safety against fires and other natural disasters.
- Human error is eliminated as users can find whatever they require at the click of a button. There is no longer the need to carry the folder as everything is stored electronically. Nothing will ever be misplaced again after it is stored in the DMS.
- Employee efficiency and productivity is maximized since any information any user requires is now one click away. There is no longer the need to manually search for documents and folders which is both time an d energy consuming.
- The information we have can be manipulated in any way we require. Scanned documents can be printed, they can be copied to other folders, they can be linked to corresponding documents and can even be E-Mailed all with the click of a button.
- User activity on specific folders can be monitored and restricted where necessary. We now have full access as to what various staff members see and we can also limit what each user can do.
- We can monitor the work history associated to a document so that we can see at any time at what stage the job is at and which people are responsible for the job.
- Authorized users can at any time monitor the pending tasks and see where possible delays occur from users thus maximizing each staff members productivity.
- A huge amount of data can be saved on the servers hard drives meaning that office space will no longer be a problem.
How to implement an Automated Workflow System
Basic Flow of Events
- Manager creates a new task and sends instructions to one or more Department managers.
- The Department Managers are automatically notified on new task. The new task has the following information
- Action Type
- Sender information
- Sent Date
- Due Date
- Instruction Comments
- The Department Manager, depending on the task, can either complete the job himself or forward further instructions to department staff members. New task information can be added at this point.
- The staff member, upon completion of the task, then replies to the sender that the task has been completed.
- The Department manager verifies the job completion. If the task is not completed then the job is resent to the staff member with new instructions and information.
- Once the department managers believe that their tasks are complete then they send back information to the Manager upon completion.
- The manager then checks to see if the task are completed and if so changes the status of the task from pending to completed.
The Managers, at any time, can print out a report of all there pending tasks and can monitor at which stage any task they initiated is at. This gives managers the advantage to see if any delays are likely to occur and act accordingly
The differences and advantages that an automated Workflow system has over a not having one are obvious. By adopting the GKIS DMS (Workflow) system, you will see both your companies efficiency and productivity increase. You will get the most out of your staff and you will be able to monitor and most importantly control your companies day to day activities with much greater ease and far greater knowledge.